Passport renewal online is a great facility to save your time, efforts and money while renewing your passport. The procedure of renewal of passport is quite simple. Read this post thoroughly to know how to renew your expired passport online easily. After an elaborate post on how to apply for passport, this one is to provide all info on its re-issue. You can also re-issue your passport in case if the pages are exhausted. Follow step by step procedure online and get it renewed. We have also listed here all documents you will have to submit for online passport renewal.
In India, passport is valid for 10 years from the date of issue. It clearly mentions the date of expiry. Once you get renewed passport, the earlier one is cancelled and returned to you. It also means that you can not travel to other country if it has been expired. Perhaps, this is one of the reason why many NRIs come to India. It is necessary to renew your passport otherwise you might fall in trouble. Hence, passport renewal is mandatory for all the people. Learn how to renew passport online from here.
How to Renew Passport?
Follow the guidelines and register online at passport seva kendra portal.
Step 1 – Registering at Passport Seva Website
- Visit the passport seva official site.
- Give a click on New User, Register now?
- Fill up the details for registration and create your login id.
- Select the nearest passport office.
- Once you fill up, click on button register.
- Your login id is now created at the passport seva site.
Step 2 – Submit Application Form for Passport Renewal Online
- Return to the site of passport seva.
- Now give a click on button of existing user / login.
- Login and click on Continue.
- Select Reissue of Passport at the very first option Applying for.
- Select Tatkal or Normal way. Click on Next to proceed further.
- It is not necessary that you should fill up the form online. You can download the form, fill it up later and upload it.
- You will also have to fill up your existing or expired passport details. Details need will include old passport no., date and place of issue and date of expiry.
- Click on Submit button after filling up the entire form.
- Now you will be redirected to earlier page. You will see your submitted/saved passport applications. Click on View button to see it.
Step 3 – Pay and Book an Appointment with PSK
- Next to View Saved/ Submitted Applications, find Pay and Schedule Appointment button.
- Click on Pay and Schedule Appointment.
- Select Online Payment and follow Next.
- List of all Passport Seva Kendras near your locality will be displayed. Available time and date for appointment will also be displayed along it.
- Select PSK. Key in the captcha code and click on Next.
- Click on Pay and Book Appointment. You will reach at the payment gateway.
- Finish the online payment procedure and get back to the main page.
- You will see Appointment Confirmation. Details of your appointment will be shown there.
- Print out the receipt by clicking on Print Application Receipt.
Online Passport Renewal Documents
Passport renewal is quite easy. It is mandatory to carry documents required for passport renewal for quicker approval. Find below the list of documents you will require:
- Print out of online passport application and payment receipt.
- Carry copy of your old passport in original.
- Xerox copy of your old passport with self attestation.
- If you have added your spouse name in application form, carry copy of marriage certificate.
- Proof of address like water bill or electricity bill.
Passport official may ask for any additional document like Aadhar card or Voter id card. Hence we recommend you to carry photo copies of your photo identity cards.
Passport Renewal Form
Passport renewal form is same as form for issue of fresh passport. You have to select the option of Re-issue instead of fresh passport.
- Click here to download form for application for renewal of passport
Applicants can download form from the official site of passport seva. It is available in pdf format which can also be filled offline and saved. You can upload your saved filled in form for passport renewal online later.
Passport application for fresh passport and re-issue of passport follows same online procedure. All you have to start with the application is to create login id. Passport seva website offers many other useful online facilities. Once you apply for online passport renewal, you can know passport tracking and status of your passport. This will display status of your passport application. In case, if you are in a hurry, you can get a tatkal passport as well. Learn how to get tatkal passport quickly.You can start tracking your passport after at least 7 days from date of your application. Visit us for more useful instructions and information on passport renewal online and fresh application. Our site also updates complete check lists required for application of fresh passport. You can drop your queries or confusions for passport in comment box.