Documents Required For Passport
Passport application requires specific set of documents. All documents required for passport application and renewal are listed in this post. This write-up brings a relief for applicants. As you already know, it is one of the most essential identity proof especially if you are traveling abroad. It can also be used as a proof in most of the places where identity and address proof is required. Get your documents ready before you start process of passport application. There is a step by step guide on how to apply for passport. In order to apply for passport, you need to have all this documents. It helps in quicker approval as well. If you have all your documents for passport application ready with you, your application process will be completed quickly. Besides the specified set of documents, authorities may ask for extra documents too.
Applicant should submit additional documents to the PSK if required. Tracking your passport status online will show you if any additional documents are to be submitted. The status messages will show reason of any delay in passport issuance. Though we have already informed users on how to apply for passport online, here we focus on documents required for passport. The list of documents for passport application is quite big. But the proper listing will help you get it ready in less time.
Passport Documents for Application – A complete Check-list
Find below the complete list of documents you should submit along with the application for passport. These documents are to be carried while you visit your PSK or Regional Passport Office at the time of appointment. Also, more online passport application documents are given on the other page.
Proof of Residential Address
Submit any single or multiple proof of your address. Here are the documents which can be submitted as proof of your address.
- Telephone Bill (Landline connection) or Post Paid Bill of Mobile
- Bill of Electricity
- Water Bill
- Income Tax Assessment Order
- Voter ID Card
- UID or Aadhar Card (provided your Aadhar card is at least 1 year old from the date of passport application). If Aadhar card is not older than one year, it will be accepted only with any other additional proof of address.
- Gas Connection Proof
- Certificate from Employer (certificate issued by only public limited companies are acceptable)
- Passport Copy of your Spouse
- Ration card (Additional proof of address from this list will be required with the Ration card)
- If the passport applicant is minor, Parent’s proof of address or their passport copy.
- Registered Agreement of Rent (at least one year old)
- Copy of Bank Passbook
Proof of Date of Birth
After proof of residential address, proof of your birth date is needed. You can any of the following proof of your birth date:
- Birth certificate issued by Municipal Authority OR any other authorized office which handles task of issuing Birth and Death Certificate.
2. School leaving certificate.
3. Illiterate or semi-illiterate (less than 5th standard) can submit an affidavit made before a Magistrate/Notary. Specimen of this certificate is available as Annexure A at the officiate portal of Passport Seva.
Applicants should present above documents in original with one self-attested photo copies of each at PSK. It can be submitted at the passport seva kendra (PSK) near you.
Additional Documents for Passport Application
Sometimes, the PSK officials may ask you to submit morel documents. Hence it is advisable that you carry multiple documents. These additional documents may include following:
- Permanent Account Number or PAN Card
- Photo Identity Card of educational institute (in case if the applicant is a student).
- I-Card of your company if you are working.
- Certificate of Marriage
- A letter from your Magistrate or MLA or MP.
- If you are applying for renewal of your passport, add your old passport.
Applicants should remember that though we have listed all basic documents for passport applications, there can be extra requirements. Moreover, there can be slight variations in required documents in case of minor, senior citizens, orphans and government employees. In case if any changes are suggested, we will try to provide all documents required for passport.
Government is also reviewing documents required for passport application from time to time. Many amendments and relaxations are given to make the documentation simpler. Like, many documents do not need attestations from gazetted officers anymore. Self-attested documents are well accepted by passport authorities. Integration of various governmental documents may bring further striking changes in coming days. You can bookmark our page to keep this check list of documents required for passport handy with you any time. Also take benefit of our other useful posts like tracking passport status. All online procedures shared here related to passport are for convenience of applicants. We also welcome your queries and confusions if any.
My name is Mrs.Kavitha Sekhar Syamala
I am writing this mail in connection with renewal of my and my two children Passport which got expired on 16/03/2013 and 12/02/2013 respectively. My old Passport shows my permanent address of Kollam district, Kerala State and by August 2015 myself and family moved to another district of Ernakulam ,Kerala State. My election id, driving license, aadhar, all under permanent address.
I have Rental Agreement – duly notarized showing my and my husbands name, BSNL Telephone bill in the name of my husband, Income Tax Assessment Order for the year 2015-16 showing new address, Bank statement of ICICI Bank showing new address,
Please advise the possibility of renewing myself and my childrens Passport in the new rented address.
My permanent address still as it is and my house and property still available. House is given for rent.
Your fast and immediate reply would be highly obliged
I would like to apply for passport for self……….. Kindly do the needful help to get a passport for me! Please! Please! Nilesh Ramchandra Bhoir 07276373849
my passport status is showing review under regional office since i applied for it