Learn How To Apply For Passport
Follow complete guidelines on how to apply for passport online. This post shares step wise procedures for online passport application. Applying for passport has been simplified a lot due to e-governance. It is natural to get confused over the minor details. Hence, we have given the right online place here to apply for passport. Going by the instructions given by us, it will be easier for applicants to carry out this procedure. The procedure is bit long and you will also need to visit your regional passport office or nearest Passport Seva Kendra. But you can surely manage without hiring an agent. You just need to follow carefully the procedure.
The passport application procedure involves registration at the website of Passport Seva. Subsequent steps require submitting form online, booking appointment and visiting PSK or RPO office. For better understanding, we have elaborated these procedures in details. We have partitioned the procedures in three steps just for your easy understanding. Check out how to apply for passport and book an appointment.
Passport Application Online
Follow the link and instructions listed below to apply for passport.
Step 1 – Creating Account / Login ID
- Visit the passport seva website.
- Follow the left side corner and click on New User, Register now? (red colored).
- Fill up the form for registration with login id and password details.
- Select the passport office in the city you are staying now or the nearest one.
- Complete filling up the form and click on register.
- This will create your login id at the passport seva website.
Step 2 – Application Form Submission
- Return to the passport seva website after creating your login id.
- Click on the existing user / login button (green colored).
- Key in your login id and click Continue.
- Follow the option of Apply for Fresh Passport / Reissue of Passport.
- At the next page select option of Normal or Proceed further with Next button.
- You can download the form and upload it after filling it. Or just start filling up the form online to save your time.
- Fill in your personal details exactly as mentioned and spelt in your other documents.
- Click on Submit button at bottom once you complete filling up the form.
- After submitting your application you will be redirect to the page as in step no. 4.
- You will be able to see your submitted/saved applications here by clicking on View
Step 3 – Pay and Book an Appointment with PSK
- You are at the page View Saved/ Submitted Applications.
- The radio button next to it should be followed. It is Pay and Schedule Appointment.
- Select the button Online Payment and proceed with Next
- You will get list of all Passport Seva Kendras near your city or in your city. The list will also show the earliest available time and date for appointment.
- Select the relevant PSK. Enter captcha code to proceed for Next.
- Follow the button of Pay and Book Appointment. You will be directed to the payment gateway.
- Complete the online payment procedure. You will be redirected to the main page.
- You will get a page showing title of Appointment Confirmation. The page will show details of your appointment as selected by you.
- Click on Print Application Receipt. Do not forget to carry this receipt to the PSK at the appointed time.
Passport Online Status
All you need to do is now visit PSK or RPO at scheduled time after completing above three steps. Your passport will be issued after police verification process. In case you feel some delay in getting your passport, check your passport status online. Hopefully, you learned how to apply for passport online and offline through different passport seva kendra. Should you have any issue, feel free to comment at the comment section at the end of the article.
Procedures of tracking application status and how to apply for passport were never so simple. Government is also planning to integrate Aadhar card with PSKs. This step is launched and tested successfully at some PSKs in few cities like Delhi, Chandigarh, Ranchi, Vishakhapatnam, Chennai and Bangalore. If a passport application form mentions the Aadhar card number of applicant, details of are immediately verified from UID’s e-KYC service. Project may be soon rolled out to other PSKs of country too.
We are sure this post has well acquainted aspiring applicants to the complete requirements. You can carry out the application of passport by yourself. How to apply for passport online was once a tedious process. Most of the applicants used to hire an agent for the same. However passport application procedure is much simplified now. You can also refer to check list of documents required for passport at our site. This will extend our help in process of passport application. We are an unofficial portal dedicated to provide all guidance to Indian citizens to get any information related to passport. Visitors are welcome to drop their comments in case of any query.