Get Tatkal Passport Online
Tatkal Passport is a fast track passport issue or re-issue facility especially provided when any one needs the passport urgently. Anyone can apply for fast track passport in case of genuine reason for urgency. This scheme issues or re-issues passports immediately on payment of additional fees around Rs. 3500 to 4000. Post police verification is carried out in such applications. Applicant also needs to appear before the officer at regional passport office. This post will guide you to application procedure of immediate passport. We have also listed all the documents required for Tatkal passport. The procedure varies slightly from the application for normal passport.
Note: According to new law made in January 2016, police verification is done post passport issue in all the cases. Thanks to BJP and Sushma Swaraj, the new law has made passport issuing breeze.
You passport will be dispatched by authorities within one working day if the police verification is not required. If post passport issuance police verification is required, your passport will be dispatched on the third working day. Though there will be post police verification, your passport will be dispatched without waiting for the police verification report. Check out the complete procedure on applying for Out of Turn Issue of Passport under Tatkal passport scheme below in our next section.
How to Apply for Tatkal Passport
Follow the below given steps to apply online for passport:
- Register yourself at the official portal of Passport Seva.
- Enter using your login id and password.
- Select options of Apply of Fresh or Re-issue as applicable in your case.
- Select Tatkal in application type or scheme.
- Fill in your application for online or by downloading it.
- Submit filled in form online and complete the payment procedure.
- Print out the receipt of online payment.
- Book appointment. You can check the link for Tatkal appointment opening times link at the homepage of official passport seva portal.
- Visit your RPO or Passport Seva Kendra as per fixed appointment with print out of receipt. Also carry all documents in original and self-attested photo copies.
Documents Required for Tatkal Passport
In order to get tatkal passport, you need to submit any of the below document. One of the following two documents is required for urgent Passport:
- Verification Certificate as per Annexure F.
- Any three documents from below list. (Provided one of the three should be a photo id document and One of the three should be among number I to 9 of below list).
- Election Card (EPIC);
- Service Photo Id card issued by State or Central Government or PSU, local bodies or Public Ltd Companies;
- Certificate of SC/ST/ OBC;
- Identity Cards of Freedom Fighters;
- Arms License;
- Property Documents like Pattas and Registered Deeds
- Ration Card;
- Pension Documents;
- Railway Photo Identity Card;
- Income Tax department issued Id (PAN) Card;
- Passbook of Bank/ Post office / Kisan
- Student’s ID card from recognized Educational Institutes
- Driving License
- Birth Certificates
- Bill of your Gas Connection
- A standard affidavit as per Annexure I on normal stamp paper and duly notarized.
- Also submit Print out of your application, online payment receipt and color photo with light or white background too.
Proof of urgency is not required for Out of Turn Issue of Passport. We also recommend carrying other supporting documents besides above basic ones.
This facility provides a valuable service if you need to travel abroad all of a sudden. Appointment in case of urgent passport is available for next day or within 1-2 days. Tatkal passport scheme is introduced to issue passports on expedite basis within 1-3 working days. You can also check the documents required for normal passport at our separate post. Once you submit your application, track passport status online. Visit our site for information on any procedure and documents related to this essential document. In case of any query do let us know via comment section below or contact us form. Someone from our team will get back to you with an appropriate answer.